FREE STUDENT REGISTRATION
The Committee of the IAFSS are inviting all fire science and engineering students to apply for free membership of the Association. To apply for a free student membership you must be enrolled in a technical college or a University and studying for a technical degree, BSc, Masters or PhD, in a field that is related to fire science and engineering. Membership will be valid until their studies have been completed and acceptance of applications is at the discretion of the IAFSS.
You must complete the on-line Student Application Form: Click here
MEMBERSHIP: General Information
- Membership of the IAFSS is as an individual. (There is no corporate or company membership).
- Membership runs per calendar year – January to December.
- Membership fees are paid annually in advance. Renewal reminder are sent out at the beginning of December each year and if dues are not paid by the end of March then a member is deemed to have lapsed their membership for that year. Lapsed members can renew within the year.
- Membership is open to all.
- There is life membership which is 20 x times standard fee.
- The present cost of membership is £25
- Payment can be made by Mastercard, Visa or Amex (all credit card payments are charge in £ sterling). On-line payments accept via the PayPal system with credit cards
- Cheques/checks should accompany Applications for Membership or Renewal Forms. (downloadable as a pdf format above)
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Symposia attendance at special member rates
- Discounted Annual Subscription Fees to Fire Safety Journal
- Free Access to Springer’s Fire Technology
- Membership list with contact details
- A vote in association affairs
- Discounted Symposium Proceedings
WHAT TO DO NEXT: REGISTER ON LINE or download and complete one of the Application Forms (see above). Send by email/ fax/ mail to the Secretariat address below. In the case of IAFSS Membership payment details must accompany the form with credit card details OR with a cheque/check for the appropriate Sterling amount
We encourage you to pay by credit card which has an additional advantage of keeping admin costs to a minimum. Please post, fax or email this form back to us with your credit card details and ensure you have signed it (electronically is ok). Receipted invoices will be sent once the application is processed.
Fire Safety Journal: IAFSS member rate subscription information for 2012
Print subscriptions to Fire Safety Journal are available at a special reduced rate to Individual and Corporate Members of the IAFSS. Individual members of the IAFSS may subscribe at approximately 84% discount for eight issues. Corporate members may subscribe at approximately 39% reduction. Please indicate your IAFSS membership number when requesting the special price.
Please contact the appropriate Elsevier Customer Services Department for your region:
For North, Central, and South America contact:
Customer Service Department
6277 Sea Harbour Drive
Orlando, FL 32887-4800, USA
Telephone: 1 877 839 7126 (North America)
Telephone: 1 407 345 4020 (South & Central America)
Fax: 1 407 363 1354
For Europe, the Middle East and Africa contact:
Elsevier Customer Service Department (Amsterdam)
PO Box 211, 1000 AE
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Telephone: 31 20 4853757
Fax: 31 20 4853432
For Asia Pacific regions, including Australia and Japan contact:
Elsevier Customer Service Department (Singapore)
3 Killiney Road, #08-01 Winsland House I,
Telephone: 65 63490222
Fax: 65 67331510